Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I need this book

You probably already know this: I got my MFA in Professional Writing from Western Connecticut. For every semester, I attended a week long residency, an intense six days of workshops, lectures, and readings.
You may not know this: the author of this book, Daniel Asa Rose, is one of the program's writing mentors.
You probably don't know this: he told us this story at the last residency I attended (August 2007), and I laughed so hard I cried.

I haven't read it yet, but it looks hilarious. The story he told us of his trip to China with his cousin Larry was intense, surprising, and slightly shady. Like most of Daniel's stories, actually. He's a great writer with a gift for quirky wordplay and a unique ability to highlight the absurdities in life. If you want to read a great book, get this. I plan on ordering my copy right now.

Oh, and click on the pic of the book to get to amazon. They have a short video clip of Daniel talking about the book. Watch it.

No comments: