Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas business

I know I just posted something, but I'm wondering if posting two things in one day (in one HOUR, actually) makes up for all the days and weeks of not posting. But I have a good reason for being away from this blog. Actually, two good reasons. Christmas preparations and craftiness. Oh, and hanging out with my family. (Though they probably wouldn't call mama sitting at her sewing machine and craft counter family time--so picky, aren't they?) But just look at what I've been up to:



Nobody collected money to buy Jared's teachers a gift, so I pulled out some extra coffee sleeves I had made and added gift cards to one of my favorite coffee shops.
Here's one opened up:



I know some people think gift cards are impersonal, but really--I think they're the best gift--especially for teachers. Aside from homemade goodies, that is. Because what else do you get a teacher? A mug? A Christmas ornament? How many of those things does a body really need?
Anyway, I wish I could show you more pictures, but they're gifts! (big sigh) Soon. Coming soon. One more week!

Luke 2:15-19 (KJV)
And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

3 comments:

alli/hooray said...

Mom was working on some of these last time I visited. She was all about adding white glitter to the top of the "cup" to make it look frothy.
Such a creative idea, I bet Jared's teachers will love.

John Atkinson said...

Although I don't read the Bible enough, the Book of Luke makes me think. Why did Mary ponder what the shepherds said?
Good post

Unknown said...

Thanks, John, for your comment. I have always thought that Mary's pondering subject matter was more broad than just what the shepherds said. Another translation says she "treasured" all these things in her heart. I believe that she was still reeling with the idea that she was the mother of God, maybe doubting her sanity a tiny bit, and hearing the story of the shepherds, observing the star that hovered over the stable, maybe just looking on the face of her child--all these things confirmed the truth of her faith: that God in Flesh was lying before her, depending on HER for life for awhile. That would take some serious pondering, I would think.